I am excited to be co-hosting a monthly webinar to introduce International Justice Mission (IJM). IJM is a human rights agency that works with victims of violent oppression among the global poor. Their clients are victims of bonded labor, sex trafficking, sexual assault, false imprisonment and other forms of violent crime. IJM works with their clients to represent them in the legal process to secure justice against their perpetrators as well as to provide the appropriate aftercare services for them. IJM also works to bring systemic change to the public justice systems in the areas that they work to help protect the global poor from further victimization. I wrote a blog post called “The Rule of Law and the Global Poor” which captures the problem and their work in greater detail. After visiting the IJM field office in Guatemala, meeting with their leadership and Board members, I have become a big believer in IJM and hope that others can learn about IJM through these webinars.
2012 Webinar Schedule
- July 27, 2012 at 12 Noon EST / 9:00am PST (COMPLETED)
- August 31, 2012 at 12 Noon EST / 9:00am PST (COMPLETED)
- September 21, 2012 at 12 Noon EST / 9:00am PST (Topic: Guatemala Field Visit. Click Here For Recording)
- October 26, 2012 at 12 Noon EST / 9:00am PST (Friday)
- November 30, 2012 at 12 Noon EST / 9:00am PST (Friday)
- To participate, you must access the meeting website and call into the dial-in number.
- Meeting Website: Click Here or use this link - http://www.readytalk.com/?ac=8302305. After reaching the website, click “Join” in the Participant Box, then submit the participant registration form to join the web conference.
- Dial-In Number: 866-740-1260 or 303-248-0285. Access Code: 8302305. (International Toll Free – Click Here)
- Test your computer for compatibility: Click Here.
Please feel free to invite your friends who may be interested in the work of International Justice Mission.